Tuesday, April 10, 2012

DIY cell phone handlebar mount

I use my Motorola Droid for GPS on the bike, and didn't want to pay $25 for a handlebar mount. Using the back of a 2-piece phone case, I rigged this mount together myself. I haven't ridden the bike with it yet, but it seems quite snug enough for road riding. I'm not sure how it will do on light or heavier trails, but I'm more inclined to advise against it.

1. The Parts
Left to right: Body Glove case bottom for Motorola Droid, with belt-clip gear/button in middle, (round) reflector mount, belt clip, belt clip's stand removed
2. Assembly

Superglue belt-clip to reflector base

Pad back of Body Glove case so it doesn't rock when mounted

Clip in securely
3. Ready For Takeoff

No, that's not my girlfriend :(

No comments:

Post a Comment